Marshfields School is a 191-place special provision for students age 7 to 19 with a wide range of Learning Difficulties. We are also proud to be a HubPlus school for Peterborough, providing outreach and support for students with Moderate Learning Difficulties across Peterborough.
Marshfields Hub is a bespoke provision based on school and individual student need. The Hub will provide two phases of support as appropriate to the school:
Offer outreach to school leaders and SENCOs to ensure that students with MLD are able to access mainstream successfully. This support includes, but is not limited to:
- Providing specialist advice on systems and processes, including policy, provision mapping and support for students.
- Providing enhanced support for school leaders on ensuring SEND is everyone’s business.
- Providing specialist advice on the use of additional resources to effectively meet the needs of students in mainstream, negating the need for a high needs places.
- Compliment the work of the Local Authority’s School Effectiveness Team, specifically in relation to SEND.
To support this work, the Hub offers the following package of training for 2023-24:
LEADERSHIP OF SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS AND DISABILITIES PACKAGE
This package of training is designed to support new Senior Leaders in Peterborough. The four sessions look at key aspects of managing SEND in schools.
Delegates should sign up for all four sessions, to allow for networking and shared practice to develop throughout the year. Each session will last for one hour. The first session will be in-person at Marshfields School. The remaining sessions may be remote or in-person.
SESSION 1: Students with Complex Cognition & Learning Profiles Training
1st November 2023 – 1530.
This session will serve as a welcome to the new group. We will then share and discuss best practice in:
- Introduction to complex needs students with Cognition and Learning profiles
- How to identify students with a complex cognition and learning profile
- Strategies to support these students
- How to maximise TA deployment
The session is aimed at ECT’s/Class Teachers and will be delivered virtually.
To book on to the training please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
SESSION 2: QA of SEND Systems and Processes
29th November 2023 – 1530
This session will provide training to support by investigating and sharing how all systems can be quality assured:
- Using data in the context of a student with an additional need
- QA of provision
- Staff performance reviews
- Teacher standards
- Leadership modelling and shared practice
The session is aimed at New SENDCo’s/Prospective SENDCo’s and will be delivered virtually. To book on to the training please contact email@example.com
SESSION 3: Maximising resources in SEND.
Date and time TBC.
This session will focus on how you maximise the resources you already have to meet the needs of students on your roll:
- On-line programmes to support learning.
- Sharing best practice.
- Finding economies of scale.
SESSION 4: QUALITY ASSURANCE OF SEND SYSTEMS AND PROCESSES.
Date and time TBC.
This final session will draw the package of training to support by investigating and sharing how all systems can be quality assured:
- Using data in the context of a student with an additional need.
- QA of provision.
- Staff performance reviews.
- Teacher standards.
- Leadership modelling and shared practice.
Support individual staff and students in their current school to promote inclusion and learning success. This will be by providing a unique support programme and could be:
- Involvement in meetings with staff and student at their school.
- Identifying learning barriers and plan to best overcome these.
- Involvement of parents.
- Training for staff who work directly with the student.
- Drop-in sessions to focus on assess, plan, do, review.
Marshfields Hub launched in September 2019.
If we can be of support to your school, please make contact with us:
Call: Mr Ian Graham-Wells, Hub Manager: 01733 568058
For further information on our offer, please click the link below.