Literacy in school is headed by Miss Carrington. It covers the work done ...
- in all classrooms, for example, all classrooms have wall displays of common words and have word mats available, containing the spellings of common words, days of the week, months of the year, numbers, etc.
- across all subjects (for example, literacy and numeracy feature in the marking policy used by all staff)
- in the English department, specifically
- by the AEN Co-ordinators, such as through Strategy Time, eg, the "Talking Partners" group
- by the Literacy team gathering data, eg, through the spelling and reading tests
- using the Accelerated Reader programme.