My role as lead of the Computing departments is to coordinate with the teaching assistants within the department to provide each student with the opportunity to:
- Develop their computational thinking skills and their independence when solving problems
- Encourage students to create a positive online presence and develop responsible attitudes towards safety when using technology
- Develop transferable IT user skills for future employment.
- Help build natural curiosity
Each student will develop literacy, numeracy, IT user skills and most importantly the ability to tackle problems logically. Overall students are encouraged to “think for themselves” and test out their own ideas.
I am passionate about each student’s ability to aim high and feel successful in their own achievements. I strive at all times to deliver the curriculum whilst incorporating the whole school “shaped” vision.
- Successful – in their own achievements
- Happy – when learning
- Aspiring – to make progress and work independently
- Purposeful – when carrying out learning activities
- Excited – when solving problems and testing their own ideas
- Diverse – being encouraged to value other people’s thoughts and opinions.
Please see the ‘Computing Aims’ for further information on the Computing curriculum.
Computing Subject Lead.