ASDAN and Employability
My role as lead of ASDAN is to coordinate with the designated Post 16 staff, Mrs Northrop and Ms Hicks, and all the teaching assistants within the department to provide each student with the opportunity to:
- Develop skills for independence
- Work based knowledge
- Learn strategies for coping with problems
Each student will develop literacy, numeracy, computing and research skills and most importantly the ability to be thoughtful and methodical. Overall students are encouraged to ‘think for themselves’ and where possible try out their own ideas.
I have a firm belief that these skills sit alongside and enhance their more recognised subjects. Each student has the ability to aim high and feel success in their own achievements. I strive at all times to deliver the curriculum whilst incorporating the whole school ‘SHAPED’ vision.
- Successful- in own achievements
- Happy- during learning times
- Aspiring – to continue to make progress
- Purposeful- when carrying out set activities
- Exciting and – building natural curiosity
- To embrace Diversity- by being encouraged to value other people’s thought and opinions.
C. A Thomson